Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hello on Friday

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm now at a cybercafe and, as at the library, their "functions" are locked so that I can't upload photos, but I promise to, perhaps from Kinko's, if I can get down there.

The weather in San Francisco continues to be good, and, as I've said, I've been walking up and down hills all over the downtown part of the city. Russian Hill is the perfect location for exploring San Francisco on foot. I'm so tired afterwards, though, I'm asleep by 10 PM.

The talk yesterday evening by Dr. Nazir (name?), the author of "Reading Lolita in Tehran" was very inspiring. She's a real defender of the humanities and literature, is very articulate, and now teaches at John Hopkins University. My childhood friend, Francia Friendlich, joined me there, and it was really good catching up with her again. Today, I had lunch with another childhood friend, Carol Cravens, and that, too, brought back old times.

Tomorrow is "Veterans Day" and, unlike in Europe, where they talk about WWII, here in the U.S. at the moment the big topic is the veterans from, and the troops still in, Iraq. What a guagmire!

Hope to see about photos tomorrow -- I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home