Sunday, October 22, 2006


I took a taxi to what is called "the Summer Palace" this afternoon. Like the Forbidden City, the Great Wall and the Temple of Heaven, it, too, has been classified as a World Heritage Site. It's located on a lake and is really lovely. However, I wanted you to get an idea of the groups of Chinese tourists who were also visiting the site! They wear the same colored jackets and caps and follow their guide, who's holding up a flag. One of the American tourists who was on the hutong tour this morning complained alot about the crowds. I guess I was expecting worse because they don't really bother me that much. Or maybe it's because I have been to other parts of the world where there are also a lot of people and have gotten used to them. I find that the Barbes district in Paris gets just as crowded as many Beijing streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home