Friday, October 20, 2006


Here I am at the top after a 20-minute climb following the pulley car ride. The guy in the red coat was on my tour. He's ethnic Chinese from Indonesia now living in Vancouver. Several of the others were from Spanish-speaking countries--two profs from Guatemala, a prof from Mexico and two other Mexican ladies.





Thanks Marc and Bernard for writing comments. Yes, the Forbidden City is abolutely huge. Only problem is they're doing reconstruction work in preparation for the influx of tourists in 2008, so two of the major pavilions wwere covered with scaffolding. But there's still lots to see. Chise culture is very, very rich.

As for my Chinese, Bernard, I can't seem to remember anything! As I said, I'm having great fun trying to teach them English. Most of the tour guides, hotel staff and shop keepers have great senses of humor and laugh alot. And, of course, there's always sign language.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home