Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sunset over the San Miguel reservoir. This photo was taken from the rooftop terrace of the home of Randy, Ann and Donna, who invited me to a cocktail party last Sunday.

I wish I'd had my camera on Wednesday night, as I was invited to the lovely home of Shirley and Tony, who live on top of a mountain outside of town with an unobstructed view of the whole valley and the mountains beyond. No wonder so many people want to settle in SMA! Tony and Shirley have done wonderful work here. They founded a NGO called "Feed the Children" which provides 3000 meals a day to poor Mexican children in 27 schools in the area. Apparently, if it weren't for these meals, the children wouldn't stay in school.

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2007 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for such detailed comments about your life in SMA. I wish I could be there with you. Like you say, it's full of Gringos, but interesting ones. We should go salsa dancing together when you return to Paris.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home