Wednesday, March 07, 2007


Here I am in front of the entrance to the Estancia La Cinacina, which is outside the town of San Antonio de Areco, and about 100 kms. from downtown Buenos Aires. It was a really beautiful day--almost too warm because the mosquitoes were out after the heavy rains of last week. But it was wonderful to get out of the city and go into the country. An estancia is a ranch--not a farm as I said before. One of the men working there told me something really quite amusing: "Argentinians are Italians trying to speak Spanish, behaving like the British, and pretending to be French." He also said: "The Mexicans descended from the Aztecs, Peruvians from the Incas, and Argentinians from the boats." Voila my thoughts for today. I leave tomorrow for El Calafate and 10 days in the Patagonia region.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home