Friday, February 16, 2007


These are my hosts while I´m in Rio, Oscar and Bill. Bill is a friend of a very nice couple I met in Mexico. Bill´s apartment is in-between Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, is on the 10th floor, and has a SPECTACULAR view of the ocean. I hear the waves from my room! Went for a walk by myself yesterday along Copacabana. Beautiful white sand and not too crowded, but the waves and undertow are really too impressive for me to go swmming at the moment. Lots of surfers, though. This weekend is Carnaval. Bill and Oscar encouraged me to splurge and to attend the parade and samba contests in the special show placed where it´s now held. The ticket costs 300 dollars, but, as they said, it´s a life-time experience to attend. By the way, it lasts from 8 PM to 8 AM in the morning. I´m going the 2nd night:Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home