Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Greetings from Iguazú Falls, Argentina

Hello everyone. It´s 1 PM on Tuesday, February 13, and I´m in an Internet cafe waiting before I depart for the airport and my return flight to Buenos Aires. I leave BA tomorrow at noon for Rio.
As the photos above show, the Iguazu Falls are truly beautiful and well-worth the flight up here. I saw them from both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides, and thus had different views and panoramas. When on the Argentinian side, I joined an hour-long Adventure Tour which took us under some falls by boat and then through the jungle on a truck. The next day, I took a tour to the Brazilian side and another one in the afternoon to visit the hamlet of a tribe of the Guarani people. I also went on a river-boat cruise.
Most of this time, I hung out with some very nice Canadians-- Bruce, Jaydon, Bruce´s niece Julie and Jane, Bruce and Jaydon´s tennis partner in Saskatoon--so I didn´t feel alone at all. We were staying at the same hotel and also did the same excursions.
Today I´m taking it easy. Went swimming in the hotel pool this morning and then took a public bus into town to find this Internet cafe.
Well, that´s all for today, Folks!

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2007 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dis bonjour à Rio de ma part. Ouvre tes yeux parce que c'est beau, mais planque bien ton porte-monnaie.
Bises,
Bernard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home