Tuesday, January 09, 2007


This is a view of San Miguel de Allende as we arrived in the bus yesterday afternoon. The town is quite small--only 100,000 inhabitants. So it seems like a village to me after Mexico City. The local inhabitants are all very nice but there are too many Americans here to my mind! Am also a bit disappointed with the level of my "advanced" class at the language school, but practising Spanish 4-6 hours a day is, of course, still good for me. Also disappointed with my "family", which is only one woman --a nice, but rather sad, widow. Her 29-year-old daughter doesn't even speak to me! Will probably change "families", so donĀ“'t call or write me at the address I gave you a few days ago. I'll see how it all goes. I may just decide to stay here two weeks instead of a month and go somewhere else in Mexico to study or just travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home